Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invaders Guild - Est. 2007 | Pangya Celebrity | Season X

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Emmaurice

Number of posts : 150
invader Points : 182
invader Reputation : 25
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) Empty
PostSubject: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) EmptyJanuary 30th 2011, 7:25 am

Since Thanksgiving and X-mas have passed, I'm a bit late in posting this recipe. But my fiance and I enjoyed it so much I can't help sharing it. Every year our landlady gives us a turkey around X-mas.
For the first time I felt brave enough to actually coook it this year, but with only two of us in the house a 10 lb turkey meant lots of leftovers so I went to mom for help. She gave me lots of ideas, but this is my fave.

You will need:

2 cups turkey cut or cubed
1 cup gravy
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups stuffing (homemade or stovetop)
About 2 cups corn, peas, green beans or your fave veggie (recipe calls for one can of corn but I prefer to use frozen veggies)
2 cups mashed potatoes

Grease a 2 quart backing pan and add ingredients in order, then bake for 45-50 min at 325 degrees. It's like Thanksgiving dinner all mushed together in a nice casserole! Feel free to heat a bit of extra gravy on the side, my fiance was very happy I did. Also chicken breast may be substituted for turkey. I haven't tried it that way yet but I will be soon.

This may seem crazy simple to some of you amazing Invader cooks, but I loved it so much I had to share it. I'm still learning to cook myself and can't wait to try out Neon's Alfredo and Hotpants Itailian Beef. You guys will turn me into a chef yet!

Back to top Go down
neontrail
admin
admin
neontrail

Number of posts : 3798
invader Points : 3491
invader Reputation : 44
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) EmptyJanuary 30th 2011, 7:57 am

yummmmmmmmm.... thx for posting this
Back to top Go down
https://invaders.forumotion.net
dracgirl

dracgirl

Number of posts : 416
invader Points : 494
invader Reputation : 31
Registration date : 2010-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) EmptyJanuary 30th 2011, 10:48 am

This sounds sooo good. I will have to try this one.Thanks for posting!!
Back to top Go down
Rooikop
admin
admin
Rooikop

Number of posts : 1022
invader Points : 1226
invader Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) EmptyJanuary 30th 2011, 11:00 am

We love Shepherd's Pie so I'm going to try this for sure! It sounds very yummy!

Thanks for the recipe alien
Back to top Go down
Hot Pants

Hot Pants

Number of posts : 284
invader Points : 368
invader Reputation : 35
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) EmptyJanuary 30th 2011, 9:21 pm

this is great!
i'm so glad that you posted this! can't wait to try it, when you were telling me in game about it the other night i couldn't stop drooling lol.
Thanks for sharing Sara!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)   Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom) Empty

Back to top Go down

Turkey Shepherd's Pie (recipe from Emma's mom)
Page 1 of 1